Is anyone else as obsessed with Molly Ringwald as I am? You know I love me some good Pretty in Pink and 16 Candles! I love the "Richies" from the movie and how you had to be cool AND rich to be part of the club of guys who wore suit jackets to high school. Ha!
Dan was offered a job on Wednesday so...I guess we're going to get all "exclusive" now that we are "richies" and stuff. So if you could please make sure to wear a sport coat and Guess jeans from now on when in our presence, it would be much appreciated.
Dan will be working in the psychiatric unit of the West Valley Medical Center. Word on the street is that Caldwell is TOTES HOME OF THE GANGS of Western Idaho, so I'll probably go get him all registered for a gun before he starts work just to be safe, or make sure he has bandanas in many colors so depending on which side of town he's driving through, he can show his support for the hood.
The position is a full time, day shift position and he is so excited. He was jumping up and down on the front porch when I got home from taking Simon from a walk and I knew he had good news for us. It's such a happy ending to the long road that we have been on for the last few years and we feel so grateful.
I'm definitely going to regret staying up to write this post when I have to get up early for work, but I'll be glad I wrote it down now before I forget all these sweet moments with Simon.
 |
| BATMAN!!! His cousin Evan picked this outfit out and I was traumatized by him getting stuck in it after trying to take the onesie off that it may never be worn again even though it's one of my favorites! I was seriously seconds away from grabbing my sewing scissors and cutting him out of it! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Dan! Cashing in on his free Noodles & Co B-Day meal |
 |
| Trying out the front pack on a little walk downtown during the Thursday night thing where anyone who is anyone and anyone who is a big deal and anyone who wears Vegan shoes hangs out. We kind of fit in bc this front pack is TOTES VINTAGE |
 |
| I love how his shoes are giant and his hair is sticking out and so he kind of looks likes a miniature baby clown! |
 |
| Not sure what to think of this.... |
 |
| Sweatsuit for baby! Gonna hit the greenbelt in style! |
 |
| Deep in thought |
 |
| We spend a lot of time at the greenbelt, and I'm so glad I went with my gut and bought the stroller I did. It's awesome! |
 |
| I just love his little cheeks! |
 |
| Tired daddy and a tired baby who took a long time to learn how to sleep flat on his back, so he did a lot of time in the bed tilted up on a pillow |
 |
| At least one of them is getting some sleep! |
 |
| Heart Attack in a Bowl! Livin large before he turns 30. Happy birthday Dan! |
 |
| He ate everything on his plate. Very impressive |
 |
| Our best friends the McKonkies through a completely amazing surprise bday get together for us- impromptu Star Wars cake was the best. Dan said that no one had ever made him a bday cake except his mom and me, he loved it. |
 |
| A happy baby after an unfortunate milk experience where I pumped some milk that was tainted with some cream for an infection I'm treating, so he barfed it up, then we tried to give him some reheated frozen milk from our stash and somehow it must have gone bad or something because it smelled TERRIBLE and he was gagging on it too and I felt horrible for not smelling it before I gave it to him. Luckily he took a nice bath and slept long enough for me to produce some more milk. So much for my hard work to make a stock pile for emergencies! |
 |
| Rockin out in his special Aunt Shauna towel! |
 |
| Nothing is sweeter than a happy baby nursing all curled up with little fat legs |
 |
| Oh yeah baby! Fattening up those legs |
 |
| This was when Simon barely started smiling |
 |
| More batman |
 |
| I love how alert he is |
 |
| The king of the precious face while he sleeps- but looking extra precious because he is on his mucho-favored pillow |
|
|
|
 |
| Oh this face! if only he knew how hard his dad worked to make him a nest so he could sleep safely and soundly anywhere BUT his own bed |
 |
| Dad makes the best nests for napping |
 |
| Random jungle picture. Don't worry, Spring Sprung around this joint and everything that had been laying dormant for the last 129 years decided to burst forth and salute the sun and blossom! Our garden was overtaken within a matter of days, but please note the giant kale tree that survived the winter. |
 |
| baby mullet! Our own little miniature Bret Michaels! |
 |
| Not even a 2 foot pile of leaves could hold back the brussel sprouts from showing off that they too survived the winter and are springing forth from the ground! |
 |
| Seriously. What is in our soil????? Nice kale tree |
 |
| Our little nugget of joy on his favorite pillow |
 |
| My favorite greenbelt partner. Filling out those cheeks like a champ |
 |
| I love the greenbelt!!!! |
 |
| Still asleep...two hours later |
 |
| We love the Boise Kayak park |
He's so cute! When you coming down to let me meet him??? The pic where you say it reminds you of a clown totally reminds me of Star Wars.... :) Love the pics Steph!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Steph! He is the most adorable baby ever! I just want to squish those cheeks. He makes me want another baby and I DON'T want another baby at this point. ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Dan on scoring a sweet job! And Molly Ringwald and I go WAY back. My older sister was obsessed and made me watch those classic 80's movies a million times.
I miss you!