Saturday, February 15, 2014

where have we been and where are we going?

The past few months have been  blur, a whirlwind, and a busy time here. Dan is in his last semester of nursing school and doing his psychiatric rotations as well as doing his community and leadership hours. He has switched over from being the primary chorister to the primary pianist. I think he is a celebrity in primary...those kids just love him! I can't blame them, he seems to be kind of like everyone's favorite adopted grandpa but just trapped in a 27 year old's body.

At least he can always count on Charlie to keep him company during those long hours of studying :)



I am staying plenty busy working full-time, teaching piano lessons, and serving in the relief society presidency. I am probably supposed to learn some lesson about "balance" and "time management" and the importance of "writing in a planner" so I don't drop the ball so often, but...whatevs. I feel fortunate to be hanging on by a thread and pretty dang proud of the fact that I have our dinners planned out a month ahead.

Dan and I started out the big V-DAY with me wondering if I had strep throat. Turns out if you snore loud enough and long enough you can actually get puss on your tonsils and your uvula can become so enlarged and inflamed that it will touch your tongue and make you feel like you are choking on your own flesh when you swallow.

It also turns out the pregnancy causes other "exciting" side-effects that no one tells you about like unusual skin bumps aka acne behind your hears, up your spine, and on your neck. Two showers a day and witch-hazel applications nightly and I'm still like a teenager hitting puberty. GROSS.

But seriously, 35.5 weeks pregnant never looked so good, right? and no, I didn't shave my head, it's early on a Saturday morning and I'm feeling proud of the fact that I'm wearing a bra by 8:00 AM


We had a very lovely valentine's day despite the inflamed uvula. We went to lunch and the restaurant sent me home with a rose! How sweet. We went to a matinee of "The Hobbit" and I enjoyed all 2.75 hours of it and Dan was super stoked I enjoyed it. The theater also gave me a rose and both of us free popcorn, SCORE! Dan was teasing me all day asking me I would "accept this rose" from him...you know, because it is "The Bachelor" on TV right now.

Yes Daniel, I would LOVE to accept this rose from you. Always, and forever.

We were supposed to make our traditional V-Day dinner of chicken alfredo, garlic bread, and cheesecake but we were still full from lunch and popcorn so we just made the good stuff- cheesecake of course. We got invited to Chuck-E-cheese with our favorite friends, the McConkies and it was a great surprise ending to our V-Day.

I think our cats are the cutest when they are all wrapped up together and sometimes I can't help but feel like I'm intruding on some special moment by snapping some pics. I found these two at midnight when I was moving from the bed to the recliner and didn't have the heart to move them and suffered through the rest of the night in bed.


When I sleep in the recliner, I always wake up to them in between my spread-eagle legs. I can't bring myself to move them even if I have to use the bathroom. Dan got after me one night and moved them both to the bed and said "Cats don't have jobs to wake up for!" True. Very very true.

Yeah, these guys don't have jobs to wake up for or school to wake up for...they have it pretty rough!





Dan left me a secret love message in the snow a week before V-Day and I was blind enough to not notice. He finally brought it up and said, who was trompin around in the snow? I couldn't figure out what he was talking about and told him it was my piano students, and don't worry about it. I FINALLY caught on to his lovely love message and it made my heart flutter. He's so sweet-


My dear friend Jessica also threw me a super hero themed shower and I wanted to include a few pictures from that. she is the BEST. She made me a cape and made all the masks!




It was such a blast and I was so grateful that so many of my friends made the effort to come. I felt so loved. Jessica also made me a nursing cover and I was telling Dan how cute it was. He found the cape and assumed that was the nursing cover! ha! he's such a sport and I found him wearing it to make me laugh. Go Dan.



I was 15 minutes late to my own baby  shower because this happened.


Cleo Loves to crawl into drawers and then sneak into the space behind the drawers. I was so scared the first time she got into this drawer because it's such a tiny space. I tried and tried and tried to coax her out, but she just loves being in confined spaces. She eventually came out all on her own but now I have to be extra super careful about not opening drawers while she is around! Naughty Kitty.

I hope to keep up a little more on the blogging! I know I missed some important things over the last few months, but onward and upward. Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE READING YOUR BLOG!! hehehehe. I only get on occasionally but I always stay up-to-date with yours because you're hilarious. I have a baby present to send to you, don't think I've forgotten about you and your baby. I'm so excited for you!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete