Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thankful Week!

I'm currently blogging while wearing my prescription sunglasses because my other glasses are in the car, just so you have a visual.



We've been having a ball in Utah this week. I was able to arrange my work schedule so I could work from the SLC office and take a little time off to enjoy some family time. Dan's sisters threw me a wonderful baby shower and it was perfect! They made sure to have food that was diabetic friendly like white chicken chili and veggies. Aw :) My cousins threw me a mini shower the next day and we went to one of our favorite places- Brick Oven- and it was delicious! They spoiled me!

Cousin Kari invited us to stay one night at her house and we had a blast! She always spoils us and makes sure she has food that I can eat. I convinced her to do a mini photo shoot since she's all fancy and has a little kid photo studio in her basement. We had to scrunch down to fit into the backdrop and at one point we were on our knees hugging and our butts were sticking out really far so we could bend down low enough..those shots didn't really turn out.

Dan and Kari were really good sports to indulge me. They weren't on board when I suggested a very earthy maternity photo shoot that would have involved long pieces of carefully draped cloths and some degree of nudity, but whatev.



Thanksgiving was a hit, even with diabetes raging within. We took a jaunt up Provo canyon for an hour right after lunch and my blood sugar was happy about that. We finished things off with a lot of games and more pie.

We stopped in Payson to scope out an old high chair I wanted from my grandma's house and also visited my grandpa bob in his little care facility. My aunt Christie and uncle Jim threw out a great spread for lunch. They are always spoiling us with goodies when we come! The high chair was not quite right after a second look, but instead I snagged the very old "Fry Baby" from the basement! Still in original box with instructions mind you. My grandma took such good care of her things and I'll definitely treasure this heirloom Fry Baby when we bust it out for some donut making.



Dan's parents treated us to "Ender's Game" and a BYU basketball game while we were in town. The BYU game was at Energy Solutions arena in downtown SLC and it was awesome! It was a great game and it was the first sporting event we've ever been to together (unless you count gymnastics, which I TOTALLY do) We've had so much fun playing games, eating out, and suffering through much spoiling from his parents while we've been here. It's been rough.





No comments:

Post a Comment