Friday, November 1, 2013

Our Haunted House

Call nesting or call it organizing- but either way Dan is exercising patience with me these days. Our house has been a work in progress since we moved in. Call me a snob, but if the room doesn't "flow" and work, then I'm miserable.

Dan still remembers coming to my parents house for the first time and noticing that every room had a "theme"...I'll never forget him telling my mom, "Yeah I walked into the bathroom and was like, cool! Sailboats!" Ever since he says my Mama-Di is coming out when I start trying to "theme" a room.

Dan can attest to me rearranging things many times and it drives him NUTS. This last "re-arrangement" ended in me sneaking outside to call my sister and tell her that if Dan was ever in hell, he would forced to move and rearrange furniture because he seriously hates it that much. If Dan was actually in hell moving furniture,the furniture would also be solid oak, rickety, over 100 years old, awkward sized, and he would be moving it in small spaces. Oh, and he wouldn't have any help. I tried to shower him in lots of thank you's and handfuls of candy afterward :) He is my superman for sure!

In the re-arranging, our famous "obesity" chair didn't make the cut to stay in the living room so we put it in our bedroom. It crowds our bedroom a bit, but it will be nice to have when the baby comes. Our living room feels WAY more open and our pianos will facilitate a much better student/teacher set up. I've always wanted to have side-by-side pianos for teaching. My dreams are coming true!

Dan moved his school desk out of the kitchen because he's been studying at the library and now our kitchen feels a lot more open too. We saved some space for a Christmas tree too. I hope you enjoy the before and after photos.










We LOVE the new arrangement.

I was taking some pics of the rest of our house since people are still requesting pictures of our house. I noticed that on one of the pictures, there about 5 obvious orbs. Dan and I love paranormal stuff, and I was pretty spooked/excited to see orbs in one of our pictures.

I've been telling Dan that our house is haunted on Thursdays because I usually hear really strange things when I'm home alone. He doesn't believe me, but now that I have orbs in a pictures- our house is TOTES haunted!

The first orb is in the fireplace, the second one is on the cork board, and the third one is on the fireplace kind of by the fan cord...the other two are near the Christus statue but may be harder to see in this picture. 
WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Oh, and this is our bathroom-

If you look closely, there could also be an orb above my head in the mirror...just sayin 

Love this tray but it just didn't fit in with our living room stuff!
Still a work in progress...still so many things I plan to do, but at least I don't have an anxiety attack when I walk into our living room.

If I call any of you when Dan works his next night shift because I'm too scared to be home alone now that our house actually IS haunted...please be understanding.

3 comments:

  1. I came to see the orbs (said in a spooky voice). I think your house looks really nice. I could see one orb. I don't know if I would be sleeping in that room. Next time you see me, ask about our stay in a house built in the 1600's just outside of Boston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! I can't wait to hear about your stay in the old house. Our house is almost 100 years old and even though it's all remodeled I like to think it has some history or SOMETHING that would make it kind of spooky :)

      Delete
  2. I am unsure of the haunted, but I am sure of the CUTENESS! - Breezy-

    ReplyDelete