Thursday, September 5, 2013

Monster Garden

Summer is finally winding down. THANK HEAVENS! I couldn't take much more of this Boise heat.

I can't resist taking pictures of Forte's obsession with Dan!

When Dan is at school, Forte will sleep on my desk, but ONLY when Dan is at school

Dan: "I'm just going to go out and trim some of those big over-grown shrubs" I kind of equate this to the first time you find your mom's razer and shave every single hair on your body.

Nice work. they were big and ugly anyway

Let's hope no one lights a match around this huge fire hazard!

Again, Forte sleeping by master Daniel. We experimented and switched Dan's picture to the other side of the piano and he STILL sleeps by Dan's picture

First day of school!

Forte looks traumatized. He must sense that Dan is off of his 2 week break

Sometimes I just turn around and find Dan doing funny crap like this. I love him.

Dan wearing my headset

Holy Kale! I have neglected eating our garden...anyone want some kale?

I'm suffering from MAJOR produce guilt looking at all of this chard!

Soon to be turned into SALSA

Trying to capture the scale of this chard

I should have entered this in the State Fair!

peek-a-boo

Will someone seriously please come eat this stuff?

this should have been my wedding bouquet
Hope your summer was amazing. We are looking forward to cooler temperatures.

Now for the confessional. In my excitement to plant a garden and eat copious amounts of swiss chard and kale, I did not plan on having strong food aversions starting in July. Today was the first day I visited our garden in 2 months. I couldn't bring myself to go out there. I couldn't handle the smell or the thought of eating a vegetable.

Dan and I could not be more excited that I've passed the 12 week mark by about 72 hours and we can finally share our wonderful news. The little baby in there did NOT want swiss chard and neither did its mother. Instead, I've had a healthy dose of saltines, gingerale, white toast, and chips and salsa.

Hoping to round the corner from 24/7 nausea to 24/7 glorious boosts of energy. Am I asking too much?

We feel it is a miracle I became pregnant all on my own and we know that others have experienced the pain, heartache, and sadness that comes along with trying to conceive. It is about 2 years to the day that we first experienced a miscarriage and for 2 years have wondered if we would ever be afforded the opportunity to have children.

We could not feel more blessed and over-joyed and are so excited to celebrate this next chapter in our lives together. Plan for a party around March 19th because we'll be celebrating! 


5 comments:

  1. Dear Steph, You tickle my fancy. I laughed so hard. And I love you.
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! I'm so happy for you guys I can't even type. YES!!! Woohooo! And yes, you are asking too much for the copious amounts of energy. That will never happen again! Bwa ha ha ha ha! It's worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the picture of Dan in his ISU scrubs causes me a bit of PTSD and I wasn't even the one wearing those scrubs. Way to go you awesomes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! BABY!!!!! So excited for you two! Take it easy, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally made my weekend! Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing :) Miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete