Remember when I accidentally dropped the camera on the 4th of July and I haven't really blogged since because I have no pictures? Well, good news, the camera has been fixed! They charged me $5 for the part and $100 to fix it in less than 15 minutes...which I wasn't too happy about but now we have a nice camera again.
Don't worry, you haven't missed much. I've been sicker than a dog this week. I woke up last Sunday with a tickle in my throat and it turned into a nasty cold that has really thrown off my groove. We had big plans to go to Stanley and play in Redfish Lake and we had to cancel that trip.
I asked Forte if he would use his magical cat powers to heal me...
 |
| This is real life. Dan isn't a huge fan of the tissue shoved up the nose technique, and honestly, who could blame him? Even Forte can't look me in the face |
Dan finished off his semester with flying colors and I couldn't be more proud. He was taking crazy hard classes and they were all crammed into the summer semester. He spent about 10-12 hours a day studying and it all paid off. He was so worried at the beginning of the semester that he wouldn't get passing grades because his first few tests didn't go so well. They also had a few of their professors quit out of the blue so they were scrambling to find substitutes and some of the professors weren't really that committed. It was a really stressful summer for Dan, but in the end it all came together. I think he will make the Dean's list again!
It's been a really hot summer and yesterday was a breaking point. Our house has been hovering between 75-77 degrees all summer long but the heat is just overwhelming in our bedroom. Our swamp cooler doesn't cool that room at all and I've had a hard time sleeping. Thanks to my Dad, we got a 2nd window unit AC yesterday and Dan was about ready to "Blow a Gasket" (direct quote) because we fitted it once, and then realized we couldn't put it on its side so we had to cut all new pieces of insulation to fit in the hole in the window with the AC sitting upright. Our room was covered in little pieces of foam insulation and Dan busted out the vacuum at 9PM and went to town vacuuming the floor and the bed while I stood back and tried to look useful.
I slept so much better! Forte loved the cool room too. He slept between us the whole night. The poor little kitty usually gets kicked out of our room at 10PM because he's climbing the curtains or the window screen or biting our toes but then he always runs out of the office when I get up in the night and starts crying and circling my legs. I usually pick him up, take him into the room and hold him for a bit and whisper while pointing at Dan, "He won't let you in here, he will throw you out if you bite his toes..." or "Shhh, Forte, don't wake up Dan or he'll throw you out..." and then I let him back into our room and hope he stays calm. Half the time Dan wakes up 30 seconds later and throws the cat out but the other half of the time Forte heeds my advice and snuggles up in our bed and sleeps.

I must add that Dan really can't get enough of Forte. They are buddies. Dan is smitten. Forte loves being with Dan. It's pretty cute. Even if Dan doesn't always let Forte sleep in our bed, he is totally crazy about Forte and I'm certain the Forte considers Dan his primary owner.
I threw in some old pictures that were on the Ipod...you're going on a journey BACK. IN. TIME.
 |
| Old pic from the Ipod- Boise foothills. |
 |
| We love Boise! |
 |
| This picture was supposed to be for Dan's parents to lure them into bringing their horses one of these days |
 |
| Trail Warrior |
 |
| Making Sure Dan's still watching me |
 |
| OK Good, he's still watching |
 |
| Old Picture of Dan holding sweet baby Ellie on her blessing day |
 |
| Oh my, cannot get enough of this sweet baby! |
 |
| Dan did great holding Ellie for a few hours |
 |
| This is NOT staged, this is a common site at our house |
 |
| Told ya they're besties |
 |
| "I love you master Daniel" |
 |
| Treating Forte to funny Cat Youtube videos. He loves it |
 |
| I hope he doesn't go blind! |
 |
| "Am I sitting in a way that is satisfying to you Master Daniel?" |
 |
| "Dan holds me the best" |
 |
| Yeah, it's as sweet in real life as it is in this picture |
No comments:
Post a Comment