The second IF trip was another action packed weekend all crammed into 2.5 days. We met my brother Brad in Pocatello on Saturday afternoon for some sweet mountain biking. Let me pause for a moment to bear my testimony on the trails in Pocatello:
They are the best. They are beautiful. They are hard. They are full of all kinds of terrain. They offer shade or open fields. I could go on and on...but I won't.
Brad had never mountain biked in Pocatello but after his first ride, he was kicking himself for never biking when we all lived in Pocatello together. Brad and Dan had never ridden my personal favorite- the 911 trail- so of course we had to go there.
If you've never ridden it, it's hard to explain, but it's like a rollercoaster- lots of twists, turns, sudden drops, big hills and jumps. It's non-stop. Once you drop in, you just have to commit and hope you don't crash.
I used to mountain bike these trails a few times a week all through college. One time I took my mom up to go mountain biking. She was such a sport! I decided to let her get a taste of the 911 trail and after a few loops I knew we were in trouble. She was such a good sport but I just heard a lot of screaming...not the good "This is so fun!" kind of screaming...but I'm afraid I'm going to DIE kind of screaming.
Tears may have been shed.
So we backed up the trail and went down the easy way and there were still many moments that I'm sure my mother wanted to ring my neck for bringing her up there on a bike.
| Ah, family, and our adopted dogs who joined us for the pic |
| This is where the 911 trail begins. Hang on tight! |
| Brad getting ready to own this thing |
| We didn't time the jump right, so imagine him in the air. on his bike. SOARING to new heights |
| Just making sure the "sports" feature works on my camera |
| ALMOST capturing the full soaring to new heights moment. |
I made a little video that got taken off FB for some Copyright violation, but I'm not sure why...so here it is for your viewing pleasure-
Oh, and one more thing. My brother Brad kept saying over and over: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BROUGHT MOM ON THIS!!!!!!!!!! I guess I don't get daughter of the year award.
After mountain biking we went to a double going away party for my old ISU college friends. It was so good to reconnect with everyone and laugh at things that are only funny to us...man those were such a good times. If there was one part of my life I would gladly live again, my days with my ISU music friends would be it.
Stay tuned for the rest of the Cramer/Anderson/Williams adventures!
YIKES! I will buy you a trophy from DI that says daughter of the year! I can't believe your mom trusted you on the 911 trail! You are wild!!! I should have gone to ISU back in the day ... it would have been a never ending party with you! I am going to show this post to Lyman ... PS he ordered the mountain bike.
ReplyDelete