Dan and I made a trip to Idaho Falls for Mother's Day and it was wonderful. We accomplished a lot in that trip. We saw my beautiful, amazing friend graduate college! We saw my baby sister's brand new baby, and of course celebrated mother's day. We were there for 3 full days and soaked it all up.
We drove to Idaho Falls Friday night after work and of course sang our favorite songs the whole way there. We cycle our Mumford and Sons, Brandi Carlile, Missy Higgins, and road trip mix CD's. Dan got an ipod for his birthday but so far he hasn't added any music to it so we just rock out old school.
We went shopping for mother's day presents on Saturday, hung out with the Cramer kids till we were pooped, and then ate delicious wedge salads with my parents. (Dan didn't eat one)
We went to church with my mom on Sunday and then hopped in the car and drove up to my favorite place on earth- Jackson Hole. It was a gorgeous drive and I tried my hardest not be a backseat driver and tell Dan to prepare for every curve. I've driven that road over a hundred times and could do it in my sleep!
Dorelyn Talcott is one of my dearest friends. We met back in 2005 when I was working at Lost Creek Ranch in Jackson Hole. Sometimes you just make a special connection with a friend and no matter how many miles are between you, you still remain close and pick up right where you left off. That's how D is. She is like family! She worked extremely hard to earn this Associates Degree and we were really happy we could be there to support her.
After the graduation we sped back toward Idaho Falls. We stopped for an hour in Victor to visit Sven and Brenna- probably the best matched couple on the planet. They are living my dream of living near the Tetons. Sven is Mr. entrepreneur (always has been) and is the ice rink manager, the hockey league leader, photographer, zamboni driver, and who knows what else on the side and Brenna is working at a bank. They are such great people and great friends. It's always a treat to catch up with old friends.
But This little nugget of beauty was the main reason we had to go to Idaho Falls! I hope my baby sister didn't mind me snuggling her baby for hours. She was born on May 2nd and looks a lot like her Dad. She is squirmy and good at waking herself up from naps. She is learning how to be a good eater and I'm sure she'll work up to some of those delicious rolly polly baby thighs that her mother sported as a baby.
I need to pull out my camera more with the other kids because we always spend a fair amount of time chasing them around too. I just love all my nieces and nephews and if their parents weren't all so darn attached to them I would sneak one home in the backseat of the buick!
We went for a brief nature hike up near Heise and got our sweat on before devouring our Subway sandwiches on the greenbelt with my parents and my older brother Brad.
| Oh yeah, we took a Sunday stroll around the greenbelt too! |
![]() |
| Isn't Idaho beautiful? |

Way to rock the IF! I am sure those siblings of yours wouldn't mind you smuggling their children like illegal immigrants in the buick ... they prob want a break! In fact your are welcome to steal mine anytime! haha
ReplyDelete