Sunday, April 21, 2013

Finally Home!

Three weeks have never passed so quickly. We are all moved into our beautiful little home on York Street and we absolutely LOVE our home! Many have asked to see pictures but I'm not finished putting all the rooms together yet, but I finally have a vision so it will be soon.

We've been prioritizing projects so we can fit everything we need to do into our budget. We've also been juggling work, school, trips to IF, tests, church stuff, and the stuff everyone else balances so it's taken a long time to get things "just so".

I hope you'll enjoy the journey of our move.

Dan's Famous moving Dance, hopefully the last one for a LONG time. So excited to move!

When you're only moving a mil, it's acceptable to wrap your dishes in fluffy blankets

The AMAZING dream team that helped us purchase our home

Houses build in 1925 weren't made for giant IKEA armoirs

Our fantastic home teacher Blair taking the armoir through the window 
I get to take credit for the "furniture through the window" idea

I'm planning to keep this room in the exact arrangement. forever.

PHEW! The kickboard is safe

Pure chaos. I'm pretty sure all the boxes had crap from every room. No method to this madness.


Dinner was either cookies and milk or Little Caeser's Pizza. For 5 days straight. 

Dan has become WELL acquainted with this washer dryer combo and could have a part time job in W/D maintenance thanks to his "learning" experiences

This is probably attempt 7 at rewiring the dryer with the new plug

Our living room looks NOTHING like this anymore. 

We've rearranged everything and taken most of this stuff to the DI


1 comment:

  1. Love the fact Dan is rocking the STEELZ headlamp for his fixing projects! Grant played with his so much that it got totally disassembled and is no longer in service. Way to go on your fab idea for the armoire through the window. It wouldn't have looked as cool out in the garage you know! I should have brought you dinner because I am sure pizza and cookies got old. Some friend. And can I borrow that kick board ... so glad it made it in the move! HAHA

    ReplyDelete