Dan is on "spring break". The poor guy has earned this break! "Spring Break" is in quotes because of my wild idea to buy a house that started about 3 weeks ago. "Spring Break" is going to turn into packing our whole apartment up over the next two days. We close on our house next Thursday and will move in next Saturday.
You would think that would mean I would be motivated to at least clean up my office a little bit. No joke this is what my office looked like on January 30th. I don't have an "after" photo because the "before" is the same as the "after".
Ok, ok, before you call A&E to sign me up for hoarders, you should know that the big pile of crap on the left is the result of me throwing everything off of the desk that used to be there so that Dan could have a study desk.
The rest of the crap...including the blankets, box of crackers, millions of pill bottles, etc, is pretty much the usual. I can't help it. I literally do better in chaos. I'm a slob! Always have been. When things start getting all clean and organized I freak out because I can't find anything.
SO. My office looks almost the same right now with a few things moved around a bit. Oh, and the I ate all the crackers so those are gone.
Instead of getting a jump start on the packing, I'm blogging about it. In my defense, we found out TODAY that we have a move in and closing date, so give me some time, alright?
If I may point out a few extra special things in this photo: notice the "silky" blanket under my desk...I've had a thing for "silky" blankets since infancy. It goes with me to bed, to work, to vacations, and anywhere Dan will allow me to take it.
The lime juice. On the end table. That was used as "salad" dressing for one of my kale salads.
The dead plants. My herbs froze to death on the journey from SLC-Boise. I'm not giving up on them. It's been 3 months and there's still no signs of life, but I can't throw them away.
How many pill bottles does one person need? For reals. They're on my desk, the kitchen table, the end table...They're mostly all supplements and vitamins.
That's my SHPESHAL office.
(please don't " pin it " and pin it to your "most disgusting houses I've ever seen" board ok?)
We did have a lovely long weekend in Utah that I would like to tell you all about, but right now, I think I'll sign off and let you work on getting that horrifying image out of your head so you can sleep tonight. I know you'll be thinking of that photo all night getting cold sweats just thinking of what you would be like if you had to work in such chaos.
Let's just say that Dan tells me regularly that he doesn't ever dare enter the office....

I am so excited about your house. And to be honest, as long as there isn't a very dead beta fish somewhere in that office I'd say you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteLooks like we're having the same problems:) congrats on the house purchase and best of luck moving!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you polished off the crackers. Nothing is worse than stale crackers! I had no idea about the obsession of the silky blanket! I will have to keep my eye out for one so you can have a spare just in case! I would be concerned about the status of this office if all you were doing in there was facebook and pinterest 24/7 but this is your work zone! It doesn't have to be clean because you are too busy counseling the wild students everyday than to be concerned about your lime juice. I won't be calling A&E until you have 57 cats, 29 dogs, 21 birds and 4 hamsters living and working in the office with you.
ReplyDelete