We have the CUTEST couples in our ward and the Rich's had us over for dinner last Friday. They spoiled us rotten- pork chops, asparagus, garden carrots, HOMEMADE ROLLS (yes Dan was thrilled!) Baked potatoes, and lemon merengue pie. We were stuffed. They have an amazing garden and showed us pictures of last year's harvest and what everything looks like in full bloom. I'm definitely calling on Sis. Rich to help us plan our future garden!
We have been patiently, un-patiently waiting to get our appraisal back. We got it this morning and it appraised for slightly higher than what we offered! Our agent said it should be pretty smooth sailing from here. She anticipates us getting keys on or before April 5th.
I can't even comprehend packing our apartment up again right now. We are going to my cousin's mission farewell this weekend so this weekend is a bust. We are taking first time home buyer's classes every night this week, and Dan is also in an accelerated nursing program, but SURE! We'll pack up our apartment and move in 2 weeks. Easy.
If I had to move with anyone else, I would be crying right now. Thankfully, Dan and I have 5 full moves under our belts, 50 plastic totes, a roll of bubble paper, sharpies, boxes, tape, and don't forget bulging biceps, so I think we have this one in the BAG!
We're still trying to get through a bag of Tater Tots that we brought with us from Bluffdale, but other than that, our processed food is luckily at a miminum! I think there's one lonely can of green chili's and one can of tomato sauce, but otherwise most of food can be consumed before we moved.
WAIT. I forgot about those peaches I canned last summer...throw in there a dozen bottles of pickles, peaches, and apple sauce.
Why does food matter when you move? BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT! Who really wants to pack up canned food? That crap is heavy! Bags of flour and sugar at risk of spilling? No thanks. My goal is to consume all the tatertots in the Freezer by the end of next week. I got this.
I guess technically we still have to get the loan, but everyone is telling us it's basically a done deal, so I'm going to think positive!
What in the heck are we going to do with ourselves??? Those who have accused me of having an addiction to moving (my husband may or may not be included in those accusers) or as some people call it, having "itchy feet", well- be prepared.
Be prepared to watch me plan some roots deep in the soil of Idaho in our vintage 1925 house!
Cute! haha.
ReplyDeleteYay. I've been waiting and waiting for word on whether your offer was accepted or not. Hang in there, and enjoy the process!!!
love ya
YEAH!!!! so so so excited for you!!!! I know it will go just as planned, and the house is so cute! It is so you! Let us know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteHey Napolean ... give me some of your tots!
ReplyDelete