I've been looking at homes in Boise since the day we moved here. As we've made very fast friendships, we knew the neighborhood would put us in a very special ward. I've been searching for homes in our neighborhood- sometimes forcing Dan to drive around just to look at houses. We could dream, right?
There really hasn't been much in our little price range that was even worth looking at. A few weeks ago I told Dan it would be nice to at least have the paperwork done just in case the right home popped up. I signed up for a first time home buyers class and started finding out more about the great programs available for first time home buyers.
I had the day off on Thursday and found a house that had been on the market for one day. It was in our neighborhood and absolutely beautiful on the inside! We drove over and looked at the outside and snooped around in the yard. I called the real estate agent from the website and she told me very point blank there were already 6 offers and if we wanted any chance of being a contender, we would have to get pre-qualified for a loan in the next couple of hours. She talked to me for over an hour about the market in Boise, home ownership, and lots of other things that were really educational.
I called the lender she recommended and within a few hours, we were qualified for a conventional loan with down payment assistance, and no mortgage insurance. WAHOO! We called our agent back and together we put a plan together. We were up WAY past our bedtime. We could hardly sleep that night. We got up first thing and went to look at the house and fell in love once we walked in. We had about 2 hours to put together an offer. Our agent was amazing and had asked the right questions to the seller's agent to help us figure out how high we would have to offer in order to get the house. We didn't want to take any chances of losing the house since it really is a GREAT find.
I thought I would throw up all morning. She called me at noon and told us our offer was accepted! The inspector had great things to say about the house this afternoon. He described it as a brand new old house. It has been completely remodeled. All new everything- windows, carpet, plumbing, electrical, furnace, ducting, water heater, appliances, etc. It has so much character. It will be a great first home for us.
I LOVE vintage- I have quite a collection of vintage things and a vintage style home fits my personality and Dan happens to love it just as much as I do.
All we can do now is pray that the appraisal goes well and we are approved for the amount that we offered. Until that final detail is settled, I think I will be walking around ready to throw up at any moment. Until that is settled, there is no guarantee it will be ours.
The listing isn't online anymore, so we took WAY more pictures than anyone else besides us would ever care to look at.
Details:
Built in 1925.
1060 Sq Feet
2 Bedrooms, one bath
detached garage
Shed in the back that has power and has been sheet rocked so could be turned into something useful
.20 acre lot
Root cellar/basement that could be finished, but we will use it for storage.
Don't you love it???
| Living room, I'm in love with the arches |
| Love the built in shelves |
| We'll need a fridge, Dan vetoed my idea to keep a cooler full of ice |
| Charming mud room. I love the bench and the hooks for coats |
| Room #2 |
| The closet reminds me of the style of closet at my Grandma's house! |
| My cousins and I used to always sing "say say oh playmates, come out and play with me...and now my house actually has a cellar door! The floor opens up then you can go into the basement |
| Granite counters and brand new wood cabinets |
| Sure, I'll take a fireplace in the master bedroom! |
| We can roast marshmallows and hot dogs in bed! |
| OH MY GOODNESS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING! |
| That's the guest house out back |
| Luscious lawn...but so much potential for a garden someday! |
| The place used to be surrounded by huge trees, you can see where they have been cut down |
| Ah, home sweet home! |
YAY! it's so adorable!! SLeEPoVeR!!!! Crossing my fingers that you get it. Can't wait to see how you decorate it, and ps I love the fireplace in the master bedroom. SO luxurious.
ReplyDeleteOH MY!!! It is so adorable :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so you, and so cute!!!! Fingers crossed and prayers your way!!!! :)
ReplyDelete