We made it through the single digit temps. Barely. I might have to sell a kidney when we get this month's utility bills.
I have some Mama-Di in me (Mama Diane, my mom). Mama-Di has a "theme" in every room. My first bedroom had dancing bear wallpaper, and a perfectly matched handmade quilt with a doll wearing a dress out of the same fabric as the quilt. Dan noticed the lovely sail boat theme in our downstairs bathroom the first time he came to visit. They have recently transformed their kitchen into a magnificent French theme. It really is stunning. The basement is now movie themed, complete with a popcorn machine, countless boxes of candy, movie posters, and surround sound.
Well shucks. The Mama-Di in me can't function until everything "works". Dan just expects me to spend at least 4-8 weeks fiddle-farting around, pulling stuff out of drawers, cabinets, closets, and shelves, rearranging furniture, putting stuff up and taking it down off walls, and looking deep in thought staring off into space every time we move.
He knows not to worry when I'm sitting silently, sighing heavily and repeatedly, while sitting in a room with all of its contents surrounding me on the floor.
There has been a wee bit more of this behavior since moving to our little apartment.
Note that we have 10 cabinets of varying sizes (you can't see the 4 on the other side of the kitchen) and NO PANTRY. This size of kitchen would be perfect for a dude who makes mac & cheese every night. We're not those people. I'm going to need a kitchen the size of a barn when we finally buy a house. I have STRUGGLED here. But, after much meditation, sighing, and rocking in a corner...
The kitchen can FINALLY be left alone...for the most part.
No comments:
Post a Comment