Friday, January 18, 2013

Our new place

I'm very lucky to have a bestie in my life who has her DEGREE in interior design. I am constantly begging for her help. We grew up across the street from each other and have been friends forever. I love that she can be totally honest with me when my own ideas are..well..falling flat. Flat on their face to be exact.

I was really scared to move to our new apartment because I knew it would be a challenge to make it our home on a limited budget. Every new space needs new stuff. I don't care how much stuff you have, sometimes it just doesn't work in your new space. We had more STUFF than we needed to fill our new space, but it doesn't all "work" the way it did in our last beloved apartment.

I started focusing on one room at a time before we moved. Picking up things here and there. Purchasing things that I LOVE. Purchasing things that I knew would make our house a home. Amy J has been helping me with our bedroom for a very long time. We finally got to put it all together in our new apartment and Dan and I love our room! We could spend 100% of our time in that room. It's cozy. It's unique. It's "us".

The rest of our apartment will eventually come together, but right now there's no other room worth posting a picture about. Instead, please enjoy the pictures of Dan Vacuuming out our freezer at our last place.

Please also enjoy a few pictures of what our apartment looked like BEFORE we put anything away.





4 comments:

  1. Awesome room! I love it! And I love Dan vacuuming the freezer. Its reminiscent of the time my mom vacuumed our roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHA, I just had a visual of mama-Jan vacuuming your roof! I am not surprised. Dan is always re-inventing traditional cleaning methods. This is just one of his many innovations. Miss you :)

      Delete