We are spending Christmas in Idaho this year and I for one am giddy giddy giddy about this.
I want to watch Elf, Chevy Chase's Christmas vacation, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and Clueless. I want to drink egg nog in fancy goblets. I want to stay up till the wee hours of the morning hanging out with my siblings. I want to see what extreme Christmas decorations my parents have found this year and hope they have the Christmas Carolers that look like dolls plugged in when we walk in the door.
I want my little brother to pull out his guitar and play music and sing songs. I want to fit all 4 kids and spouses in the hot tub and watch my brothers (and me sometimes) roll around in the snow and dare each other to do ridiculous things. I want to play Christmas duets and trios with my sister and mom and get in a fight about who isn't counting.
I want to go ice skating at Tauphus Park. I want to go to Jackson Hole and visit my favorite friend in the world, D, and her new boyfriend and go to Snow King and go tubing. I want to have Candace come wake me up early on Christmas morning and then keep everyone in suspense while I take time to wash my face, brush my teeth, and prepare myself to be comfortable and "feeling fresh" while opening presents.
I want to eat my mom's chicken roll ups and melt-in-your-mouth-potatoes. I want to go to Barnes and Noble and school Dan at Boggle. I want to have the Archibald Family come and sing us Christmas Carols. I want to sneak goodies from the millions of plates of goodies that will surely be around my house.
I want to go snowmobiling and sledding. I want to go extreme sledding and wear retro snow clothes and sparkly snowmobile helmets from 1974. I want to have my old friends over one night and stay up until 4AM talking about everything and nothing.
I want to hang out with my Grandma Cramer because even though she is getting old she is freaking hilarious. I want to have Santa Clause come to my house and bring me new pajamas. I want to go play with my nephews and niece and go sledding with them.
Is that too much to ask for my Christmas wish list?
No comments:
Post a Comment