Monday, December 5, 2011

It's about time!

My dear cousin informed me today that I need to update our family blog so here I go.

We have been beyond busy. I don't know how we are keeping up. Dan is loving his job and is excited to start working more regularly in January. I am loving my teaching studio and don't know when I'll ever learn to put my foot down and tell people NO. NO. I cannot teach you. NO. I don't have any more room in my studio. But alas I keep telling people, SURE! I can work you in, no problem.

This is actually a great problem to have and I am grateful for this challenge! I really do love teaching and I hope that one day I have a full studio in a house somewhere that will allow me to teach at home. Until then I will continue the madness of commuting every day and trying not to fantasize too much about how awesome it would be if half of the drivers on i-15 mysteriously disappeared so I didn't have to deal with so many bad drivers on the road.

I ran a 5K on Thanksgiving and that was fun.

Dan and I sang in a beautiful Requiem concert at St. Paul's earlier this month.

Dan and I spoke in church last Sunday and it was the first time I've given a talk in 6 years.

Dan and I mastered Donkey Kong over Thanksgiving break (in 2 days, go us!)

I got to go to a pre-premier of the Twilight movie with my best friend from high school for FREE and then eat at Chipotle for FREE.

On the most awesome note of the month, my dear husband consented to eat at least one bite of whatever I make for the month of December. I have been feeling a little stifled by our differences in taste preferences and have really missed cooking some of my favorite dishes because I don't know if he will like them. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that he at least likes my tofu and peanut sauce recipe and that he will embrace Thai and Indian foods in this lifetime. The deal is that he eats whatever he wants for lunch and breakfast and then I get to pick what we have for dinner and he has to at least try it and then if he doesn't like it he can make himself something else. This might be interesting...

On a funny note, Dan and I have eaten so much candy lately. I bought a huge bag of candy from Costco and somehow it ends up on his desk every day. It is supposed to be for my students but somehow (we don't know how) it ends up in our bellies. Nuf said on that topic.

We have been getting to know people from church and just last night we had 9 people in our teeny tiny apartment over for dinner and it was awesome. We decided to take the initiative and just start making friends and stop waiting for people to make friends with us and it is amazing how quickly we have been able to develop friendships with people.

We are hosting a gingerbread house making contest this weekend with my old friends from high school and I am ecstatic. I have made a gingerbread house with my friend Sven every year since about my sophomore year in college and it's become a tradition that we really look forward to and now that most of us are married it's even more fun to have a party with everyone's spouse.

I suppose I could make a goal to update more than monthly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment