Simon got his first hair cut from the lovely Lindsay, my friend from church. He was very interested in the buzzers that she was using to cut his hair. He went from that baby boy look, to a little boy look just like everyone warned me.
Dan granted me ONE more chance at successfully gardening this year and I have been giving my little seedlings all the TLC I can. I've been watching Youtube videos like crazy trying to figure out how to keep my plants alive and thriving. I have killed every plant I have ever started from seed except for a row of peas and a few lettuce plants. I am hopeful that a few extra details like a grow light, black gold seedling mix, and a warm environment will keep my little plants alive long enough to get them to the garden eventually.
I will surely have squash taking over the neighborhood this year. I have planted a 1/2 dozen varieties of squash and so far they are all alive and well. Dan has been getting in on the action and we have doubled the size of our garden. Our raspberry bushes have been putting out new shoots and I'm hopeful we will have a plentiful harvest. I hope to get some more berry bushes like blackberry and blueberry planted very soon too.
We are enjoying our new plan to hold off on graduate school for the time being. Dan has been able to relax and enjoy his days off a lot more and we have had a lot of fun just enjoying the stage of life we are in. We are really excited about our debt snowball plan that we have been working on. We have already had a handful of extra big ticket items slap us in the face- new roof, medical bills, and some home improvement projects, but since we were focused on paying off debts, we have managed to stay on top of all those bills and it only extended our original plan by 3 months.
We are taking things one year at a time, but we should have our car paid off in 2017 and our house paid off within 7-8 years. I know it seems so far away, but that time will pass no matter what, so it is exciting to think about the future if we can stick to our goals.
 |
| Future Missionary |
 |
| Oh yeah, one time we went to Logan and ate at Angie's and we got the kitchen sink. On days I am particularly hungry for ice cream, I kick myself for not having the stamina to eat more than I did that day. |
 |
| where did all your hair go Simon??? |
 |
| Praying for the little Troll. |
 |
| My first plan to ever bear "TRUE LEAVES" |
 |
| Trying out Solo cups as planters...the internet said it works. Don't mind our tent in the backyard, someone got a little excited about camping this summer, it's been up for quite a few weeks now |
 |
| My green peppers have taken the longest to sprout |
 |
| Our egg shell collection. They are great for the garden but we are waiting for our blender to get replaced (under warranty) so we can grind them. Until then, this is our pile of Salmonilla waiting to happen |
 |
| Look at those little spinach sprouts. Unsure why my winter squash haven't burst forth with crazy enthusiasm like my other squash have |
 |
| First tomato sprout! |
 |
| Used my large frame to push through the crowds to buy enough Easter candy at the Fred Meyer 50% off sale to fill this box plus a little. It seemed like the right thing to do, even though it basically used up my food budget for the week. |
I get a little giggle every time I read your blog. Then I think to myself, I get that girl! I would totally (have totally) fought the crowd for all of the discount holiday candy just to get home and remember that we need real food, and I'm "healthy" and don't eat candy. ;) It's just so easy to get caught up in the discount craze!
ReplyDelete