We got a new roof put on the house today and it's gorgeous! We got a letter from our insurance company a few weeks ago telling us to either get a new roof or lose our insurance, so we put on our big kid pants and kissed our savings goodbye and got 'er done. Well, the guy named Chris who is the highest rated on Angie's list (whatever that is!) got 'er done.
We put ourselves on a pretty aggressive debt snowball plan this year and it's been so awesome to be able to focus on that part of our finances. Dave Ramsey advises to put the debt snowball on hold when there is an emergency, so this roof situation counts as an emergency in my book. We will still have our car, 2nd mortgage, and medical bills all paid off by summer 2017 if not sooner because we'll need to put things on hold for 1-2 months now with the roof expense. We feel really blessed that we can take care of things and not have to go into even more debt.
Simon came down with a nasty virus and his eyes were draining green goop for days. Dan got sick next, then I got sick, then Dan got sick again, then yesterday I came down with a horrible ear infection, and now I think we all just have a case of cabin fever and a slight case of the grumpies! I forgot how incredibly painful an ear infection is, holy smokes! They are THE DEVIL, like the devil and his evil minions shooting pressure fire crackers off in your ear, throat, and neck.
Simon will be turning 1 in 2 weeks and I don't think I'm emotionally ready to handle it. I have loved being his mom so much and I really do love watching him grow and change, but there's something so special about holding your little baby and I feel that time starting to slip away a little bit, ya know?
A few fun pictures from my phone that make me smile.
 |
| Loves a good car ride in the afternoon |
 |
| Story time at the downtown library was such a hippie, organic cotton, baby wearing, scary scene!!! |
 |
| Our favorite story time with Miss Julie |
 |
| Loves bath time, Loves to splash and pull himself to a standing position and freak his parents out |
 |
| Needs a haircut but I can't do it yet. Am such a pansy! |
 |
| Swings at the park to distract us all from being sick |
 |
| how I get through the long days with a sick baby |
 |
| Staying extra warm on our walk |
 |
| Simon and his girlfriend Claire. These two get a long so well! they just started sharing their snacks with each other. |
 |
| Holy disaster situation up in here! |
Steph, you always make me smile! Plus, Dave Ramsey rocks too! I NEED to see your baby, and it needs to be before he's old enough to know I'm weird and give me strange looks when I give him squishes. Do you ever go to Poky anymore?
ReplyDelete