What is happening to me? Not that I am like a DAILY blogger, but come on Steph. Get your head in the game and get back on track!
In the months of August, September, October, and now NOVEMBER, we have had a ton of fun, did a lot of work, and taken so many stroller rides that we blew the tires on the stroller so many times that I'm considering purchasing a brand new stroller that doesn't have inflatable tires.
Oh wait, now it's JANUARY. Um, so, from August until January, we did the following:
-Took an AMAZING vacation to Sun Valley.
-I turned 32
-We celebrated our 5 year Anniversary
-Simon learned to sit up on his own
-Simon started eating solid food
-Simon started sleeping through the night
-Simon started crawling on New Year's eve
-We made a trip to Idaho Falls for Thanksgiving and had a blast
-We made a trip to Utah and attended the annual Anderson family sing in and visited family
-Celebrated our very first Christmas at home
-I put on a Super Saturday craft extravaganza for Relief Society
-Dan and I were in charge of the Christmas breakfast for our church
-I was in charge of the Relief Society Christmas dinner so that was a learning experience!
-I was released from serving in our Relief Society presidency and made the Primary pianist
-Dan was made the Elders Quorum President
-I refinished my GREAT GREAT grandmother's table and chair set and it was a NIGHTMARE
-We rearranged our furniture more times than Dan would like to think about
-We officially kicked off our goal to start paying off debt this month
-We have mapped out our year and have financial, spiritual, family, and fun goals
-Dan and I have both been reading our scriptures almost daily since August and plan to continue that in 2015
-We sold our trusty old Buick Century
-Charlie our cat ran away (mega sad)
-We have made friends with people from church and we hang out with them regularly.
-I have been seeing a chiropractor for several months now and am starting to recover from a very messed up pelvis and sciatic nerve pain from pregnancy
-I have 6 piano students and we had a great Halloween recital
-Dan has been excelling at his job and has been given many responsibilities that are usually reserved for nurses who have more experience
 |
| The beginning of a project that took months of sweat and tears to finish. |
 |
| The gray stain looking NOTHING like my vision |
 |
| Let the stripping begin! (of the wood you pervert) |
 |
| Beautiful hand carved roses were not fun to strip and restain! but the end result was worth it |
 |
| just an old filing cabinet I wanted to spiff up |
 |
| Living room in shambles, my mom and I were trying hard not to wake up the house when we finally brought our projects in |
 |
| Getting closer to the vision |
 |
| Original seat covers. I kept them on the seats because it seemed like the right thing to do? Am I nuts? |
 |
| Thought this label from the original chair factory was pretty cool |
 |
| Can we talk about how huge that foam is? It was $40/ yard. Thought I was purchasing $11/yard foam. Nope. bought the 2 inch! |
 |
| Very happy with the covers |
 |
| Love a sweet little baby right after a bath |
 |
| Cute little chubby cheeks |
 |
| From 5 lbs to 15 lbs! He has tripled in size! |
 |
| A normal day in the life of Simon |
 |
| Best friends with Dad! |
 |
| Weeeeee!!!! |
 |
| Rocking some cookie cutter bracelets |
 |
| He got those on his arms by himself |
 |
| Most of our solid food moments ended like this for about 2 months |
 |
| He hates it. Every minute of it! |
 |
| Giant bike helmet on a baby, so cute |
 |
| First ride in the bike trailer ended in two babies wailing and screaming to get out |
 |
| Every baby needs a cape. and Batman ears. |
 |
| Working on homemade Star Wars puppet collection |
 |
| Double plaid |
 |
| First time getting spikey hair |
 |
| Such a sweet little boy. Slept all the way to Idaho Falls |
 |
| Oh the table. Yes. Somehow the end result turned out awesome! |
 |
| Such a tedious process to fill in the wood, sand, paint, etc. |
 |
| Extra happy to be to the Sawtooths. We missed a turn and drove 80 miles in the wrong direction, which means we added 160 miles to our already fairly long road trip. Oops. |
 |
| Stanley Lake |
 |
| Simon's not tired. Or bored. |
 |
| I love this man of mine! |
 |
| oh, Man nap!!! |
 |
| I stayed in my nightgown all day on Thanksgiving, but ran in and put on a ton of make up right before we started eating so at least I KIND of tried |
 |
| I hate spiders |
 |
| So wiggly, so sometimes his diapers just go on backwards |
 |
| New Year's eve bash consisted of doing our hair fancy, wearing matching gray sweat pants, and hanging out on the double recliner |
 |
| Too much enthusiasm to have this one printed |
 |
| Straight from the Lion King baby |
 |
| Sorry we never got our Christmas cards out. |
 |
| True love |
 |
| I love my baby. Yes I do, but do I really need to kiss his cheek with such emotion? |
No comments:
Post a Comment