My ipad has ruined me because I can easily post pictures to facebook for family to see and then I forget to add them to our blog! I print the blog off every year and so this is the place that really counts. I cannot believe I didn't post about anything this summer!!! Simon and I took a vacation to Utah when Dan had orientation and I SWEAR that I posted all about it. GUESS NOT. oops.
It was amazing. We basically spent a week partying with my cousins, and when my cousins and I get together, it can get a little CRAY! We also visited the Anderson's and my favorite part was seeing the cousins squealing and freaking out over how much they loved Simon. He is one lucky boy. He has plenty of cousins to teach him all the important things in life, like how to be batman.
I got to see my amazing friends Samantha, Georgia, Rachel, and Amy too which was a nice bonus. They spoiled me and made quite the effort to come see me and it meant the world to me. I wish I could have seen more friends but it seems like I always run out of time no matter how long I'm there.
 |
| Getting ready for our solo flight early in the morning. It was so hard to say goodbye to Dan! |
 |
| The lovely Sam Rodgers, my partner in crime from WGU picked us up and was our limo driver. She saved the day when she ran across a super busy road to get diapers and wipes when we were at Hoppers bc when I went to change Simon I realized I was out. She is the best! |
 |
| Rachel Duff just got engaged and I was so happy to meat her FIANCE' and catch up. She is one of the main reasons I survived graduate school and I miss her so much! |
 |
| My aunt Julie and uncle Ken were so kind to host us for a few days. This was back in the day when Simon didn't know how to sleep unless he was in motion, so thank heavens she kept this amazing little swing! He was a happy little camper in that thing. |
 |
| the face of a mom who is SO happy her baby is asleep. SHHHHH!!!! Don't move!!! |
 |
| My adorable Kyra was so good to play with Simon. she is a doll and I miss teaching her piano lessons so much. |
 |
| Simon the the new puppy Winston scoping each other out |
 |
| Puppy kisses!!! |
 |
| My beautiful mom loves Simon. We ate our little hearts out at the cheesecake factory |
 |
| Isn't my aunt Julie stunning??? I hope she will teach me her secrets of looking fabulous for the rest of my life. We had a ball trying to find a dang place to nurse Simon at Nordstroms and also pined over the Anastasia brow products at Sephora, ok, EVERYTHING at Sephora |
 |
| My Grandma Della was the best Christmas Decorator ever. She took her Christmas decorating very seriously. It was so fun to sort through her Christmas treasures. I wish I would have claimed these amazing bobble head headbands! |
 |
| Grandpa Bob has had a rough time the last year or so, but he was looking better than I've seen him in a long time. So glad Simon got to meet him. I told Grandpa not to kiss Simon because I was being a paranoid first-time-mom afraid of him getting sick, but sure enough, grandpa scooped him up and kissed his little cheeks and rocked him and I'm so glad he did, I'll never forget it! |
 |
| Georgia ran over from work in Provo to meet us for lunch. She has TWIN BOYS and is so amazing. We were roommates for a short time but we will be friends for life |
 |
| Dear cousin Kari is always so generous to host us. She let us use her baby's swing because Simon was still at his super duper terrible sleep stage. Those swings are BOMB! It made me sin and covet her swing as opposed to my glider swing. |
 |
| Kari is really my sister, we just accidently got sent to different families. |
 |
| I still just want to eat him up |
 |
| Still sore from that deep lunge...3 months later |
 |
| Oh my precious baby fest!!! Cousin Adam is the sweetest little boy. He rubbed off on Simon and sent special brain waves to teach him how to sleep at night |
 |
| Cousin Colette holding Simon! We have a tradition to go to Brick oven pizza and almost every time we go, we get TERRIBLE service, but somehow we just keep ending up there to partake of the HEAP SAMPLER!!! The guy kept pushing pizza on me..every time he asked if I wanted more I said no thank you and then he would put more pizza on my plate. |
 |
| My beautiful cousin Angie who is also my sister, just sent to a different family. She was kind enough to let me hang out in her office downtown and even closed the blinds so I could nurse Simon there. I love this girl! |
 |
| This is Great Grandpa Anderson! He is the cutest little grandpa ever and reminds me so much of my grandpa Cramer! |
 |
| I think Simon inherited his blue eyes and happy smile! |
 |
| oh my heavens. This girl. This little cousin of Simon is a hoot! From the instant I met her, I was certain I was just seeing myself when I was 5. We have so much in common- from our love of candy to our love of drawing pictures and giving hugs. Simon loved her! |
 |
| Resisting the urge to devour my child |
 |
| Sweet little Evan was so excited to hold Simon and I have a feeling these two will be buddies for life and he will teach Simon amazing tricks like how to turn into Iron Man. This kid can do an AMAZING impression of Iron Man, he is so cute!! |
 |
| Simon loving his new best friend |
 |
| Miss Hailey is the stylish, gorgeous and talented oldest girl cousin the family and she is always making me think she is more like a 19 year old girl instead of a 14 year old girl because of how grown up she is. She is so great with kids and loved holding Simon |
 |
| Ah, sisters and cousins |
 |
| Kate is Dan's aunt's daughter so that probably makes her Simon's 3rd cousin? I adore Kate. She is a beautiful dancer and talented piano player and I so badly miss being her piano teacher! |
 |
| These are all four of Dan's aunt's kids, so I love this picture of Simon with his 3rd cousins!!! is that even what they are?? ha! maybe just 2nd cousins? Any way, whatever they are, I love all these kids and really miss being their teacher and having them over for cookie parties! |
 |
| Great grandpa Olsen. The funniest grandpa that ever lived, he's always cracking a really good joke |
 |
| Great grandma Joe, she is the sweetest grandma ever and is always so loving and happy when she sees us. She was so happy for us to finally have a baby and I'm glad I got a picture of her with Simon while he was so young |
 |
| oh Sweet little Christian! He showed up as batman, I just love this kid! He loves costumes and as you can see in his eyes, is one sweet, tender hearted little fellah. He and Simon will be best buddies! |
 |
| I love these two people! |
 |
| Even if I didn't hardly sleep a wink and Simon and I eventually just camped out on the living room floor for the night, I can't get enough of holding him when he sleeps, he is such a sweet little boy. |
 |
| Time to go back home! |
 |
| My bestie for life, Amy, was sweet enough to pick us up from my cousin's house and we relived our old time favorites of having some delicious food and then catching up on all the important things like sister wives! Love her so much, I'd be lost without her. |
 |
| Do I just scream "FIRST TIME MOM" and a little bit (or a lot) of MEGA HELICOPTER PARENT? I know I do...and I like it. |
 |
| i miss Amy so much! i used to curl her bangs before school every morning and friends like that are the ones you have to hang on to for life! |
No comments:
Post a Comment