Summer has been good to the Andersons. We stopped at Home Depot to get a weed wacker because our jungle was threatening to get us a ticket breaking a city ordinance. We also wanted some vegetables to plant and I told Dan I only wanted a few. Of course once we got to the nursery, without saying one word, I started fantasizing about all the produce I could grow, how we could extend our garden, etc...and Dan snapped me back into reality and said "Steph, I know you. I know as soon as you got out here you started fantasizing about living off the land and being "one" with nature."
BUSTED
We planted some kale, spinach, chard, and one tomato plant. Our raspberries have made an impressive second year crop and I can't wait to gobble them all up. Our blueberry plant is deciding whether or not there is a reason to live, but I'm saying a little prayer every time I water him that he decides life is worth living. The strawberries multiplied just like people said they would, but I have yet to see a fruit.
We have missed 2 weeks of irrigating the lawn and I fear that our front yard will soon be completely dead. I could put a sprinkler out there, to me that's kind of like buying bottled water when it comes out of the tap for FREE. If it starts looking like a serious fire hazard I will throw a sprinkler on at night.
Dan is loving his new job and I am loving being home all day with Simon. He is so much fun and I just love playing with him all day. He had a very rough time getting his second round of shots and I'll never get the image of his little face out of my mind when they gave him his shots. He was laying there, smiling at the nurse, kicking his legs and then BAM, screaming, tears, and it broke my heart into a million pieces. There's just no way to prepare them for what's coming, but Dan reminded me that the pain from the shots is better than him catching a fatal illness.
He had a fever for a couple of days and didn't want to be put down, so I just nuzzled him and rocked him and soothed him around the clock. At one point I was so tired that I felt myself starting to fall asleep while standing up holding him so I called for Dan to take over. Dan claims that later on that morning around 5AM I ran out of our room crying and went to Simon's room because I was so tired. I have a vague memory of going into Simon's room but my memory of the situation was thinking that Dan took off his CPAP mask to sprayed cold air on me and so I ran out crying because I was cold...
EITHER WAY. I'm very tired still, but Simon finally started sleeping in his crib again yesterday. He has had a lot of supervised naps like this:
It's ok baby Simon, I don't mind watching you sleep.
We've been thinking for months about getting a new car. We've made list after list of what we are looking for, what our "dream" car would be, what our "practical" car would be, what kind of car we would get if we paid cash, if we should get a loan, etc.
After our 2nd car wouldn't start and I had to reschedule Simon's Dr.'s appointment and get a ride from a friend, we decided to get serious about getting a car. Our "dream" car was a buick Enclave but we figured they would all be way out of our budget. We found a dealer with a 2010 model in great condition, low miles, and everything we wanted. We test drove it and 4 hours later came home with it!
I am excited, and Dan is VERY excited about the new car. The peace of mind I'll have while Dan is commuting 25 miles to work each day in it is worth every penny. The peace of mind I'll have while traveling with Simon to visit family is also worth every penny. The dealership worked with us on what we told them we could afford each month and even though I really didn't want a loan, I am really glad we decided to go with the car we always wanted and one that will last us for many years to come.
In true Stephanie form, I waited no time before I loaded it to the brim with crap! Ok, it's not crap. We had a clothing exchange at our church and we are donating the leftovers to "Dress for Success" which is a national organization that provides women in need with professional attire for job interviews, work, etc. I did have to laugh that I already had the back completely filled to the top because I'm kind of known for driving around with a very full car. Some call it messy, I called it being prepared.
When my sister was in town for Simon's blessing, we scored this Moby wrap at a consignment shop and we put her 1 year old baby in it and had a very good laugh! I just love that little Ellie bug!
I love pictures of Simon's little chubby legs and how he crosses them while I'm nursing him. So cute.
We finally moved Simon into his own room. So far the transition has been pretty smooth. I sleep in here on the nights that Dan has to work so that he can get a good solid sleep without interruptions. I had my eye on that cute comforter for awhile and was so happy to get the very last one when it went on clearance!
This picture cracks me up! Dan LOVES sitting in an office chair. I really can't blame him since they are more comfortable than our Ikea ones, but I guess a part of me always hoped he would get rid of the office chair once he wasn't doing so much homework. Please notice the kitchen chair in the middle of the kitchen. I give up. We will have 3 matching chairs, and then Daniel's throne and that is quite alright with me!
We do a lot of walking at the greenbelt and these pictures of Simon looking so cute and chubby in his little hat are my fave. Our stroller had a flat so Dan was kind enough to rock the Bjorn!
Thank heavens there are cute monkey outfits for boys now...I've seen older styles of little boys clothes and I think they are girl clothes just in the color yellow, green and blue!













No comments:
Post a Comment