Friday, February 28, 2014

Changin up the house

I have a huge regret. I never took pictures of our couch that fell apart. I think you really had to SEE and EXPERIENCE the couch to really understand how badly we needed a new one, but a picture would have been nice too.

We have been patient with getting just the right furniture for our house. We've definitely had financial limitations, but we also wanted to start buying quality pieces that would last a long time.

We got our tax return and designated half for savings and half for new furniture. It was SO fun for Dan and I to go furniture shopping. We got to do this when we got new bedroom furniture a couple of years ago and it was so much fun. We have been looking for several weeks now and love what we purchased. It fulfills all of our needs- big couch w lots of seating and a built in ottomon- all in one piece. Wahoo! It has an awesome herringbone upholstery which will wear really well, and it's not too deep so short people like me can actually reach the floor when in a sitting position. (if you're not short, you would never appreciate that feature)

We also wanted an armoire style media storage solution. That was a little harder to find. We looked at tons of thrift stores and were disappointed. We looked online and everything online was cheaply made or way out of our price range. We went to one last consignment shop on Wednesday and found the perfect armoire! The price, quality, and size was perfect. The hunting through every thrift store and Boise made it all the more magical when we finally found what we wanted.

I present to you, the ANDERSON FAMILY LIVING ROOM






There are other things we will put together over time, but for now we love it. It's so cozy and both Dan and I just want to spend all our time in there now. It's a lot more of a warm and cozy room than I usually strive for...I usually go for vintage/funky/unique, but I think this room will be more of a timeless/cozy/warm sort of place.

In time, it would be ideal to have our "guest house" turned into the music studio...or if we ever do an addition to the house (which yes we are fantasizing about) we would have a separate music studio, but for now, it works to have it all together in that little entry way. Workin with what we have!
The cats have been livin it up, cozy and snuggle style too.




No comments:

Post a Comment