I got a wild idea to run off to Park City for a mid-week get away since I had a week day off in September. I checked around at some hotels in the area and booked a condo at the Silver King for cheaper than a Motel 6. I guess that's what you get for staying for 2 nights on a week day?
About a week before our trip Dan caught a nasty virus. He was running a fever of over 102 for a couple of days and had to miss a week of work. I've never seen Dan so sick. He even went to the doctor. He had never been to a doctor's office for an illness. Since his dad is a doctor I think most things were just treated from home.
After spending most of his time feeling miserable in bed, I'm sure it felt great to get some fresh air in Park City.
We drove up after work on a Tuesday and our hotel left our keys and a note at the late check-in box. The note said we were the guests of the day and that they upgraded us to a premium condo. SCORE!!!
Our condo was bigger than our apartment and had a really nice kitchen. We even discovered a second bathroom on our way out on our last day. We spent most of our time relaxing, swimming, exploring, driving around, window shopping, and enjoying each others company.
We packed our own breakfasts, dinners, and snacks to save money. Dan did the shopping before the trip and bought fancy popcorn and his favorite insta-meal: CHICKEN VOILA! Mmm.
Someone mysteriously ordered us a pizza hut box dinner complete with breadsticks, cinna-sticks, and pizza on our last night because someone realized their lasagna dinner had to bake for 75 minutes. Delicious in a sick kind of way. We threw away the evidence before it could be caught on film.
| Dan in the mood-lit living room |
| Yes, this is the same picture without the mood lighting |
| Just in case you want to change your clothes or separate the living room from the day-bed-zone, or play hide-and-seek, the condo has one of these things. |
| Cooking dinner cuz you know we're all about living on a budget! |
| Spent a lot of time here |
| Shoulda brought the mountain bikes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment