Saturday, June 16, 2012

Gotta love a stray piece of junk

Oh where have the Anderson's been? Since I am the one responsible for the Anderson blog, I will use my new job as the excuse. I can't say no to people so I've also been teaching piano lessons on Saturdays. That will end next Saturday but until further notice I've officially dropped off the face of the earth.

A month or so ago I brought home this disgusting piece of "furniture" that probably came from someone's shed or garage. Love the paneling in the back!!

I've always had a love of stray pieces of crap, so of course I brought this beauty home to "fix up". I wish I would have taken a picture of our kitchen floor after I painted it. I guess most people use plastic to cover their floors while painting. I've extra genius genes so I used an old table cloth. Just picture Dan and I scraping, scrubbing, and massaging our floor with mineral oil, vegetable oil, and fingernail polish remover. Luckily it all came up. Here's the finished project.





A few nic nacs I love- Flower is from a garden shop in France, pink bowls from a pottery shop in France, Cookbook is a replica from 1952, Hungry Jack tin belonged to Dan's Grandmother. Recipes are from our grandma's. Still working on getting some more from our parents.



Dan also had a birthday on May 7th. He didn't want a party so I didn't throw one. We were treated by his parents to dinner at his favorite Italian restaurant called Gloria's Little Italy in Provo. It was amazing as usual.

I picked this bad boy out for him since our old one is full of mold. It has a 3.5 Liter bladder and we're psyched about that.

Dan also likes "naked" white cake, so I made him a cake without frosting. I'm usually the one who binges on dessert but this guy put me to shame. He ate that whole cake by himself for breakfast lunch and dinner one day when he had the day off. I'm so proud!





Lastly, we have been doing a lot of biking and hiking. I got a new mountain bike and I love it. It's not quite as fancy as my last 2, but I can't complain because it fit our budget and it has everything I need.

We had the pleasure of having my mom stay with us last weekend and we cooked dinner together and then went on a short little hike up a canyon by our place. It was the best day ever! My mom is so cute and was a great sport. We felt like jerks because we started watching a movie after our hike and like old grandparents we fell asleep 13.5 minutes into the movie and left my mom to finish it all by herself.





Bike storage solution for our little apartment

My little brother, his wife, and their new baby Olivia flew into SLC and we took them to Malad to meet my parents. This is how we spent our Sunday afternoon. RAWR!


We also went to Lagoon and screamed like children- no pictures, sorry.

We went to Idaho for Memorial day and  only took one pictures! We all went to breakfast at Smitty's and then walked around the river. We had a blast with all my siblings. I wish I would have had a camera for all the festivities.

Some highlights of that vacation include waxing every male's uni-brows (except Dan's). All the guys including my uncle, cousin, brothers, and brother in law decided to have their eyebrows waxed.

I took things a little too far by trying to wax my nose hairs like I had done a few years ago by a friend in beauty school. I stuck popsicle sticks covered in wax up my nose and then pulled real hard. The first time didn't go so hot...the popsicle stick came out but the wax didn't! I had to pull it out all by hand.

Ever since I've felt my tonsils are irritated and full of debris so whoever thought nose waxing was a good idea was crazy.

Other highlights were playing with my adorable nieces and nephews, listening to my older brother's very powerful talk in his ward about friendship, jogging around the greenbelt with my brothers, eating lots of amazing food, hanging out with family,  visiting the graves of family members, and just vegging out.



No comments:

Post a Comment