Sunday, March 25, 2012

Into the Weeds

Update on the Andersons:

I (Stephanie) have completed my training and am loving my new job. I love getting home at the same time every night. I love getting home while it's light outside. I love having a schedule. I love being able to eat both lunch and dinner while sitting down at a table and using utensils. It's the little things right?

Dan is loving his job still and still getting excellent grades. He's a real champ and worked hard during his spring break. We can't wait for this semester to be over because then he only has 2 more classes and then he can take a break while he applies for nursing school and that is really when the fun will begin.

I taught piano from 7:45 AM - 4:20 PM yesterday without any breaks and then had to drive an hour through the construction in Utah County. Needless to say I was a little wiped out when I got home.

I told Dan I needed a night of FUN and FOOD. Stat.

We found tickets to a community theater production of Into The Woods and thought we should check it out. I am not going to say a negative thing about this production because it was a community theater production and they had an orchestra and a conductor.

But I did feel like we entered a scene straight from "Waiting for Guffman" which BTW is one of my all time favorite movies.

We laughed when we walked in because it was in a cafeteria of a school and the lunch tables were all folded up and creating an enclosure for the seating. The funny part was that when we got the tickets online there was assigned seating and a stage chart so we were thinking it was an auditorium. They just had folding chairs with stickers on them to identify your "assigned" seat which was freaking awesome.

Most of the time in Utah I feel like everything is so stuffy and fancy and "perfect" and it was so refreshing to see people just use what they had and make it work. I loved it.

The acting and singing wasn't half bad either. In true Stephanie fashion we left at intermission because, well, it ended on a good note at intermission and we were satisfied.

We are currently accepting donations for a new camera because I think a no-name-brand camera from Big Lots could take better pictures than ours. When we do get a new camera, I'll start updating with pictures AND updating my food blog. Now there's an incentive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment