I planned a trip to the Sawtooths 6 months ago. I have been fantasizing about this trip ever since I reserved our campsites. The time finally came for us to load up and hit the road. We stayed at Alturus Lake for two nights and then moved to Stanley Lake for one night. We were scheduled for two nights at Stanley Lake but my parents had to go home a day early and without their camp trailer, we decided tent camping wasn't an option...more on that later...so sadly our trip was cut short. I'm still bitter. JK. but not really...
Let's just get it started shall we?
Prepare yourself for a zillion photos.
These photos were all taken with my real camera, but I didn't bring my camera with me everywhere so there will be another post with pictures from my phone. I just had to throw these on here before another week went by because then it would be a month, then two months, then never.
 |
| Helping us set up the camp kitchen |
 |
| Simon was stoked to go mow the lawn at Redfish Lake Lodge while Dan and I hit the lake! |
 |
| I could hardly contain myself from jumping straight off the dock and into the water! I was like a giddy 5 year old getting to Disney Land for the first time. So many memories of my college days...and when we all stripped down to our undies and jumped off the dock before our backpacking trip. For some reason Dan didn't want to re-live that moment with me :) |
 |
| Redfish Lake is so FREAKING CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!! |
 |
| I was on cloud 9 this whole trip, and I loved canoeing with my honey |
 |
| THAT WATER. I can't even handle how beautiful the color is. |
 |
| The sun glistening off the water was my favorite part of the evening |
 |
| I loved having my parents with us on this trip. They were so much fun and Simon loved every second with them |
 |
| oh, after all these years, my parents are still madly in love. And look how skinny my dad is!!! My mom and dad have both lost a lot of weight and sometimes I hardly recognize my dad. |
 |
| I went down early in the morning to capture Stanley Lake and see the reflection of the mountain in the lake. You can see a canoe off in the far distance. |
 |
| I LOVE LOVE LOVE mountains reflected in lakes. It's one of my obsessions. |
 |
| Simon walked right into the lake in the morning to pick up rocks. I blame it on the crystal clear water :) He didn't know where the water even began, right? |
 |
| I can't help myself. |
 |
| Anyone wanna go bag the summit? Yeah me neither. |
 |
| I love the beach on the opposite end of the lake. It's sandy and beautiful |
 |
| The tri-fecta of perfection- Reflection, crystal clear water, and a lake in the mountains. This will be my personal celestial kingdom. |
I LOVE this place and I MISS YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE! I can't believe Dan didn't want to jump off the dock in his skivvies. He's missing out on good fun! Oh the memories… I skivvy dipped at a mountain lake last weekend that my family backpacked to. My kids were like, "Mom! Come on! Put some clothes on!" Haha! Some people just don't get the joy of near nudity in the mountains! ; )
ReplyDelete