Sunday, December 9, 2012

No Christmas Tree this year

Did you set up your Christmas tree this year? We set up a Christmas display, but no tree. Don't worry, we have a tree, and every time I walk past the tree stuck inside the box, I'm pretty sure it's screaming "O Christmas Tree" at the top of its lungs trying to convince me that it needs to be set up.

I might set it up tomorrow while Dan is at work because seriously, it's CHRISTMAS TIME! The most wonderful time of the year.

It's also the time where our spare room, aka my office is a war zone. It's full of all the stuff we don't want, the stuff we do want, and all the stuff we don't know what to do with. I have to clear a path just to get to my desk. I finally had to put my ice ax back in the closet after having a vision of impaling myself on it when I got tangled in our printer cords.

I'm not so sure that setting up a Christmas tree and then having to take it down again is going to help our move to Boise. In fact, I'm pretty sure that setting up the Christmas tree my drive me to throwing myself on the floor at some point while crying about having so much to do before we move. If it doesn't happen during the set-up, it will definitely happen during the take-down.

We're moving on January 5th and it feels like there is so much to do before then! I'm so glad that Dan's last day of work is December 20th. He might have to pack the whole house by himself this time. Sorry babe.

Now to rewind back to our awesome Thanksgiving. We went to Idaho Falls and celebrated Thanksgiving at my parent's house. We had a great time cooking and hanging out together.

We all went to Starlite Skating on Friday and I felt like I stepped back into 1992. It was amazing. All the signs were still up...even the handwritten ones like "No song requests". haha. I sure sweated up a storm and Dan really surprised himself with his mad skate skills.

If I hadn't run out of picture space, I could throw some up on here. We had so much fun with our family. Lily's little mini roller skates were to die for. She has us all wrapped around her finger with those big blue eyes and blond hair that looks so cute in pig tails. Dan loved taking her around the rink...even though each lap probably took at least 5 minutes.

Ethan and Eddie really held their own! Ethan caught on and loved playing a little crack the whip and letting us whip him around the corners. Eddie had a little tougher time trying to figure how to balance on his skates, but that kid is a rock star! No matter how many times he fell down, he never gave up. He did best when we were holding his hands.

My mom showed off her skills and I'm really glad I have a mom who isn't afraid to throw on the roller skates and have a good time.

After skating, my mom put on a huge French dinner. During the dinner, I opened the back door and our big fat cat, Shadow, ran in. My brother in law heard some crunching and notified us that Shadow was gnawing on a mouse. Within seconds the kitchen was full of screaming women and no one knowing what to do. Shadow finally ran towards me and I saw the mouse tail whipping around in his mouth. He bolted for the basement and Dan and I were screaming at Shadow so he wouldn't end up in the basement. Shadow was just sitting on the stairs with huge wide eyes and a whole mouse in his mouth with the tail whipping around and it was disgusting. I'm sure he was confused, but it was sick.

Dan eventually got him to go outside and then we had to all calm down. It's been awhile since I saw my mom freak out like that. It was hilarious!

Hope you had an exciting Thanksgiving. I also hope that you aren't so buried in your movie that the thought of putting up a Christmas tree drives you to insanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment