Wednesday, February 29, 2012

See ya later FEBRUARY

February was an eventful month for us. Here's a little re-cap:

1. We decided to save as much money as possible so we cut most of our fun spending money out of our budget so our dates were a lot simpler and cheap which ended up being really special and in the end it was a good thing because we had a car repair later in the month.

2. Dan got rejected from University of Wisconsin which was a major blow but a huge blessing that was only to be further realized later in the month.

3. We went to the most disgusting pizza pasta buffet because it was cheap and we had a coupon. We learned our lesson...you get what you pay for.

4. Dan has survived working extra shifts, working in a few different units of the hospital, and getting clawed by the toenail of a patient who was FREAKING out. Thanks honey!

5. We had a lovely Valentine's dinner at home that we cooked together and then we read all 30 pages of our love letters (single-spaced) that we sent to each other through eHarmony.

6. I reconnected with some friends and had more girl time than I've had in awhile and it was really nice.

7.  I applied for a job.

8. I went to Idaho Falls to perform in a very special concert. It was a 100 year celebration concert for the Idaho Falls Music Club and all the "Who's Who" people of music were there and I got to see my old piano teacher and all sorts of other people. My little sister and I got to perform together and it was very special. We were both scholarship winners through the wonderful programs put on my the music club so we were able to perform as past winners. It was awesome!

9. Dan had to stay behind when I went to Idaho because he had to work so that was a big step for us. Being separated blows and I don't recommend it. I had to snuggle my Valentine's day bear he gave me to keep me company. I did get to sing songs with my niece Lily and she melted my heart. She's in the copy cat stage where if you say something she'll say it back to you. We were singing songs for a long time and I was doing an opera voice and shaking my head and then she would mimic by shaking her head and singing really high and then she would just laugh and laugh and laugh. I love my brother's kids. Ethan and Eddie sure missed having Dan there but they did keep me company. Lily helped me make brownies and she's a girl after my own heart because she loved licking the peanut butter truffle batter. I'm glad we had some left for the brownies! Wish I would have brought my camera...

10. I was offered the job I applied for and I have cried and cried and cried because I am really going to miss being a piano teacher.

11. We got a new niece!!! Jason and Lindsey had their sweet baby girl and named her Olivia. I cannot wait to go see her. We might have to find a way to fly out there ASAP because she has the sweetest face ever! I just love her already.

That's where we're at. If Dan hadn't been rejected 3 months earlier than we were expecting, I never would have applied for this new job. It's been a long time coming and even though I know in my heart it's an incredible opportunity for us, it's still difficult.

I'll be working for Western Governor's University as an enrollment counselor and after a few months I'll get to work from home!!! Hopefully I'll even get to be promoted to an even more awesome position of being a student mentor after one year.

If Dan gets into their nursing program, he'll finish quickly and very cheaply. I think his tuition will be roughly $1400 per year. You can't beat that! We will get great health insurance which was our most important objective and I really look forward to working the same schedule each day.

We feel so blessed. We've definitely had a rough year full of a lot of change, decisions, trials, and disappointments. This job feels like the light at the end of the tunnel and we couldn't be more excited.

We had a big trip to Moab planned for March but we might have to put that on hold. For now we're just trying to get as much of a tax return as possible so this whole European vacation can become a reality!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment