Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sad day

It was a sad sad day at the Anderson household last night. How ironic that I wrote such a lovely post about how we won't hear back from Wisconsin about nursing school until May? Well I guess when they reject you early on, they let you know in February. :(

Dan officially got rejected from the University which is baffling. Their website sounded like anyone with a bachelor's degree from an accredited university would be accepted as a transfer student.

Even though we are really bummed, we are so grateful we didn't have to wait until May to find this out. We are looking at the bright side of things and are grateful that we won't have to move all the way across the country and try to re-establish ourselves with jobs and housing in a brand new city (I was really looking forward to moving to a new city, just not the job hunt part!)

We also had a deal that if he got into Madison, we would use our free plane tickets we got from my aunt to go scope out Madison before we moved there, but it we didn't get in, we would take a trip to Europe. SO looks like we'll be flying for almost free to Europe sometime!

I LOVE Europe. I've been there twice. I've been to France, Germany, Czech Republic, and Austria and since my dear friend Julie lives in England, we'll most definitely be going to England. Dan really wants to go to Scotland and or Ireland as well which would be AWESOME. I also have a friend studying in Paris at a music conservatory. She is AMAZING and I think every couple should get to Paris at some point in their lives together.

We are hoping that all of our money saving will pay off and we can afford this vacation. It's not a bad trade off really when you think about it.

We spent the day hunting down as many accelerated nursing programs that we could find because if Dan can get into one of those, he'll finish at the same time he would have finished in Wisconsin anyway. He will also have over a year to work full time which will be SO nice to have two full-time incomes for a year.

We know there are great things in store for us and one of these days one of our grand schemes will work out, I can just feel it in my bones!

1 comment:

  1. You can still come to Twin Falls for their accelerated nursing program!:) Sorry to hear the sad news, but what an awesome trade off to go to Europe. Hope you guys are doing well otherwise.

    ReplyDelete