Wednesday, October 5, 2011

There really isn't a better name for our blog even if it is slightly on the cheesy side. Most of you probably already know about our sad day a little over a week ago but for those of you who didn't know, I miscarried our little growing baby at almost 12 weeks.

The sadness we felt that day was overwhelming but that feeling was accompanied by an equal amount of love, comfort, and peace from our loving Heavenly Father. We did not anticipate this event and the only word I can find to describe is traumatizing. I am so grateful for all the people who were praying for us that day and in the days that have followed because we have felt those prayers and we have felt so uplifted. I wrote on my Other Blog about how amazing it is to feel something so wonderful and powerful when you are going through some of the most difficult things in life. I really believe that when we go through something unexpected and sad, we are given an extra amount of the Lord's love and it turns things around and we are able to heal and move forward.

Dan and I have shed our tears and there may be more that we shed, but we are feeling far more "together" than we ever would have imagined. We have leaned on each other for support and Dan has really stepped up to be there for me in my time of need. (not that he ever steps down...just sayin he's been extra extra awesome) Our relationship has been strengthened and we are even more grateful for one another.

Since the world never stops, we are forced to jump back in to reality and life and we're trying to catch our breath. Dan is still trying to learn all the bones in the body and spends hours and hours each day using words like "di" and "hedron" or something like that for his organic chemistry class. He sits there with a whiteboard and draws figures that look like giant spiders and tells me it is chemistry related so I try not to hassle him too much.

I am back to teaching and feeling very grateful that I have a job that makes me smile so much. I had a student say yesterday, "oh man, those notes give me the SHIVERS!" He has only been taking for about a month and apparently got the shivers when he learned about some new notes. This is just one of the many charming things that comes out of the mouths of my young prodigies each week.

I've been using my juicer A LOT lately. We scored at the farmer's market and got 6/$1 cucmbers, 4/$1 peppers, and many other incredible deals. I think my years of dieting has depleted me of enough nutrients and then going through what I did last week, I've definitely needed a kick to my system. I try to juice mostly vegetables and I've learned that juicing red cabbage will ruin any juice, even if it's already disgusting. I've also learned that I don't like radishes. I already knew I didn't like them to eat but I also don't like them in a juice.

Speaking of food, Dan has embraced MEXICAN and ASIAN food this month! There is hope!!! We couldn't be more different in our food preferences and I really have to hold myself back from hassling him too much about his picky palate. He has not yet embraced my juicing habit, but we have eternity. Not only has he embraced Asian food, he cooked it himself (kind of maybe slightly against his will....) It was my night to cook but I got held up so I begged him to cook the orange chicken recipe hanging on the fridge and I use the word beg only because if Dan hasn't cooked something before it can really stress him out. He pulled through and cooked a delicious dinner and even pigged out. Very important milestone in our marriage.

Well this is long but this is what happens when I don't blog daily. Would you rather have 2 paragraphs to ready every other day or just a long 14 paragraph post every month? Don't worry, even if you have an opinion I am sorry to disappoint, but it will most likely stay in the 14 paragraph format for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment