Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I've cut my hair, started an "us" blog, and now all I need is a puppy small enough to fit in my purse.

Alright, it's time. We have so many changes in our future and thought it was time to start a blog so we could make note of the important stuff.

We had an eventful summer. We were both in school full time and wanted to throw our computers and textbooks out the window most days. Summer and school should NOT go together. Dan is also a super rockstar and did a 2 week CNA certification on top of all that. We definitely feel wiped out from all the school.

 Dan starts school again next week and is taking a load of classes that make me sick. He's taking bio-organic chemistry, human anatomy, and human physiology, and labs for all 3 classes. I am teaching five days a week and am hopeful about a part time elementary music teaching job that I interviewed for today. It would be a little crazy of a schedule but it would give us a lot more cushion financially.

We had a great summer full of hiking, backpacking, reunions, and visits to iceberg for french fries and shakes. Here are a few highlights from our summer.

Dan Misbehaving at the Mesa Falls animal place

Backpacking to Indian Springs up Pleasant Grove Canyon

Taking love photos by Mesa Falls

Dan's first backpacking trip at Indian Springs

Hiking to Cascade Saddle, it was AMAZING! pictures do not do it justice.

Little hike during family reunion #1 up Devil's Staircase

These are butterflies and they were everywhere up Teton Canyon. I bent down to take a picture and about 30 butterflies just started flying around and Dan's reaction was priceless. He just stood there and then said very seriously, "Well that was magical."

Hiking to the Windcaves in Idaho

Taking a shower after Devel's Staircase

Did a lot of bike riding up Provo Canyon this summer.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I want to be an outdoor junkie too. It's hard to hike with kids. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love that you have a blog for the little family now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Steph! You inspire me with this since you're both in school! Dan is taking like the hardest class load I can think of! Holy Smokes. I hope the new place is nice and we can see you a little bit more. Call me let's set up a dinner to chat nurse stuff :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I finished reading every post on your blog and I'm happy to know that I've only missed out since August. Miss you friend. We need to have another date night.

    ReplyDelete